On November 11th, Veterans Day, we recognize the people who serve our country. Armistice Day was renamed to Veterans Day in 1954 by President Eisenhower. His focus was recognizing veterans. There are many veterans in all walks of life and you probably pass by or talk to a Veterans everyday. Consider these numbers.
- 7.8 million veterans served during the Vietnam War era (1964-1975), which represents 33% of all living veterans.
- 5.2 million veterans served during the Gulf War (representing service from Aug. 2, 1990, to present).
- 2.6 million veterans served during World War II (1941-1945).
- 2.8 million veterans served during the Korean War (1950-1953).
- 6 million veterans served in peacetime.
These men and women give to our country and least we can do is give a little back. What Woodstock restaurants are recognizing veterans? Freight Kitchen & Tap will give a complimentary Classic Pork Braise, Main St. Burger, or BLT Sandwich for any person showing their military identification on November 11th.
Need a great place to celebrate your next holiday party? Book your event today at Freight!
Also published on Medium.